PART I: Buddhism in the Pali canon:
1. The personality and doctrines of the Buddha.
2. The sources and limits of knowledge.
3. The fundamental character of being.
4. The philosophy of spirit and nature.
5. The doctrine of causation and the act.
6. The path of salvation, the saint, and the Buddha.
7. The place of Buddhism in early Indian thought.
PART II: Developments in the Hinayana:
8. The schools of the Hinayana.
9. The doctrine of reality.
10. The psychology of consciousness.
11. The theory of action and Buddhology.
PART III: The philosophy of the Mahayana:
12. Mahayana origins & authorities.
13. The negativism of the Madhyamaka.
14. The idealistic negativism of the Vijnanavada.
15. The doctrine of the absolute in Buddhism and the Vedanta.
16. The Buddhist Trikaya.
17. The doctrine of salvation, Bodhisattvas and Buddhas.
PART IV: Buddhist logic:
18. The origin and development of Buddhist logic.