1. The Enigmatic Nature of Dream and Sleep The Fascinating World of Dreams The Problem of Dream in Western Philosophical Literature The Problem of Dream in the Eastern Literature The Dream Problem Dreaming and Dreamworld in Popular Culture Dream: A Grand Illusion Dreams as Insanity and Delirium Dream as a Land of Depravity and Moral Turpitude Dream as Archetype of After-Death Experiences The Psychoanalytical Views on Dreaming The Power of Dreaming Mind Prophetic and Precognitive Dreams When Do We Experience Dreams in Our Sleep? Nightmares: The Devils of the Dreamworld Dream Time Stress is Highly Dangerous Dreams, Conscious Control and Lucid Dreaming Dreams, Waking Life and Consciousness Spectrum Is Unitary and Unbroken Awareness of Existence in All Three States Possible?
2. Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience Views on Dreaming Sleep for Survival and Revival Stages of Sleep The Chemistry of Sleep Understanding Sleep through Brainwaves Other Significant Sleep States The True Sandhyopasana What Is the Nature of Dreams? Dreams as Some Form of Psychosis Why Dreams Are the Way They Are? Modern Psychological Theories of Dream Are Dreams Meaningful? The Neuroscience of Dreaming Dreaming, Dhyana and the Consciousness Spectrum How Do We Wake Up? Critical Analysis of Dream Theories of Neuroscience Why Do We Forget Our Dreams? How to Recall Dreams? Chemicals that Help Improve Dream Recall Are Brain and Mind One and the Same?
3. The Awe-Evoking World of Lucid Dreaming The War of Titans: The Clash of Consciousness with Unconscious Dream Awareness and Conscious Dreaming But Why Can‘t We Normally Realize that We Are Dreaming Historical Overview of Lucid Dreaming What Is Lucid Dreaming? Kinds of Lucid Dreaming Who Can Learn Lucid Dreaming? Timing the Lucidity Lucidity Spectrum Developing Self Awareness and Control: The Art of Lucid Dreaming The Technique of Mind Control Benefits of Lucid Dreaming Lucid Dreaming as a Preparatory Spiritual Practice for Facing Death Consciously The Future of Lucid Dreaming
4. Ontology of Dreaming Dream Experiences Are Real as Long as They Last! The Western Philosophers’ Take on Dream Experiences How to Distinguish Perceptual Experiences from Conceptual Mental Experiences? Do We Have Discretionary Mind while Dreaming? Identifying Dream Signs Cultivating Watchful and Alert Mindset Recognizing the Dream The Fantastic World of Dreams Worlds within the World Some Philosophical Implications of Dream Experiences The Thought Worlds Are Dreams Meaningful? What Is Reality? Understanding Reality Dream: A Grand Illusion Reality from a Different Perspective What Happens When We Experience the Illusion with the Realization that It Is Just an Illusion Dreams and Virtual Reality
5. Epistemology of Dreaming The Difference between Thought, Idea, Memory, Perception, Visualization, Hallucination and Dream Why Waking Time Visualization Is Less Tangible than Vivid Imagery of Dreams? Are Dream Time and Waking Time Equal? Do We See Dreams in Black and White or in Colour? What Does a Visually Challenged Person See in His Dreams? Why Are We Non-Reflective and Irrational in Our Dreams? How Does the Memory Work in Dream State? Why Do We Forget Our Dreams and Is It Possible to Improve Dream Recall and Cultivate Mindful Awareness in Dreams? How Can We Ascertain that We Are Not Dreaming Now? Why Do We Fail to Recognize a Dream Object as such While We Are Dreaming? Are Our Inner Being and Its Mental World Also Products of Physical Atoms? Is There an ‘Experiencing Soul’ of Dream and Waking Lives? Dream Experiences and Their Philosophical Implications ‘Waking Up’ from One Mental State to Another
6. Svapna Darsana: The Dream Yoga What Is Dream Yoga? Consciousness and Karma How Are Dreams Generated? How Do We Dream? Three Kinds of Dreams Understanding Our Dreams Prayer: A Powerful Tool for Lucidity and Dreams of Clarity Karmic Traces and Dreams Mystical Uses of Dreams Mindfulness: The Key to Lucid Dreaming and Lucid Living The Main Practice Developing Flexibility The Hindrances Dream Yoga: A Holistic Approach to Integration Sleep Yoga The Culmination
7. Advaita of Dreaming Discussion on the Dream State in the Brahmasutras Discussion on the Three States of Consciousness in the Upani?ads The Allegorical Hindu Way The Allegory of Conscious States in the Mythology
8. Epilogue The Future Ahead