ABOUT THE BOOK:
Gallery of Medicinal Plants (Dravyaguna Vigyan) is an excellent book in its field Ayurvedic Materia Medica which covers all medicinal plants and drugs of animal-origin included in Paper-II of Dravyaguna Vigyan, as per the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) syllabus. Not only is this book a monograph, but it also serves as a color atlas of medicinal plants. It will be an immensely valuable resource for the students, faculty, academicians, and researchers in Ayurveda, homeopathy, Unani, Siddha, botany, pharmacy, medicinal plants, and other related branches of study at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Emphasis is laid on the identification of different plants, as the book contains 1000+ colored images of parts of an individual plant
- The chapters discuss histological, mythological, and spiritual data along with the controversial aspects of medicinal plants
- Key characters for identification, rasapanchak (Ayurvedic properties), points to ponder, etc. are placed in colored boxes for easy remembrance
- Folklore and ethnopharmacological uses, own experience, and recent research data are given in addition to classical information
- Frequently asked questions are also appended at the end of the book
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Monika Sharma, BAMS, MD, is Assistant Professor, Department of Dravyaguna at Chaudhary Brahm Prakash Ayurved Charak Sansthan (CBPACS), New Delhi, India. She did MD (Ayu.) in Dravyaguna from National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur, in 2011. She has taught for 7 years and has 18 research papers to her credit, published in peer reviewed research journals, and has authored three books.
Subash Sahu, BAMS, MD, is Associate Professor and Head, Department of Dravyaguna at Chaudhary Brahm Prakash Ayurved Charak Sansthan (CBPACS), New Delhi, India. He completed his MD in Dravyaguna from the Institute for Postgraduate Teaching & Research in Ayurveda, Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar, in 2004