The object of the book is to highlight the relevance of traditional medicine and way towards ethnopharmocology, to share research achievements and innovations in herbal science, to evaluate and review opportunities for advancing herbal drug research in the region, to provide a platform to map an agenda for the development of phytomedicine, to address issues concerning conservation of medicinal plants. 28 articles based on the original research work by eminent academicians and scientists of the country on different areas of phytomedicine have been compiled. Recent trends and techniques involved from the search, documentation, processing, sustainable utilization and conservation of medicinal plants are the highlights of this book. It will provide a unique opportunity to boost up the knowledge in various aspects of medicinal plant research.
Highlight of Book:
• Latest information on herbs and their medicinal value
• To compile the scientific information on biodiversity, ethnomedicine, pharmacology, phytochemistry and conservation
• Current trends in medicinal plant research
• Original research work carried out by eminent and budding scientists
• Special emphasis on herbal drug screening with some pharmacological properties