Acronyms and abbreviations.
I. Land management in river Catchments: deliberations:
1. Catchments treatment in River Valley Projects and flood prone areas in Himachal Pradesh: the dialogue deliberations/J.C. Sharma, I.P. Sharma and J.N. Raina.
II. Status of River Valley Projects and Flood prone rivers in India and Himachal Pradesh:
2. Land degradation in river catchments in Himalayan region/Jagmohan Singh.
3. Watershed development under River Valley Projects and flood prone river programmes--policies and guidelines/C.M. Pandey.
4. Status of implementation of River Valley Projects and flood prone river programmes/R.K. Kapoor.
5. Water and sediments yields in river catchments--a case study of Bhakra Reservoir on River Sutlej/Anil Arora and Rajeev Bansal.
6. Flood management of rivers of Himachal Pradesh--a growing challenge/S.C. Sud. III. Soil survey, landuse and catchment treatment:
7. Soil survey and land use planning for sustainable soil productivity in Lower Shiwaliks of Himachal Pradesh/G.S. Sidhu and J.P. Sharma.
8. Mechanical and vegetative measures for soil conservation in river catchments/J.N. Raina.
9. Soil and water conservation in river catchments in Himalayan region/J.C. Sharma. IV. River/stream bank and Torrent treatment:
10. Integrated Watershed Development Project--an overview/S.S. Grewal.
11. Engineering measures for the treatment of River Valley Catchments/A.K. Tiwari.
12. Status and strategies for the stabilization of torrents in Shiwaliks/I.P. Sharma and Rohitashw Kumar. V. People's participation, social conflicts and environment impact assessment:
13. Farming systems and scope of livelihoods in Himachal Pradesh/Gurnam Singh.
14. Participatory forest management in Himachal Pradesh--perceptions, extent and challenges/L.R. Sharma and Baneshwar Singh.
15. Social conflicts in natural resource management/Y. Agnihotri.
16. Impact of climate change on rainfed agriculture and performance of forest trees in river catchments in Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh/S.K. Bhardwaj.
17. EIA-EMP Studies for Bandli Sanctuary in Himachal Pradesh/Rajan Bawa and S.D. Kashyap.