This second edition of a much praised and widely used reference manual on anatomic pathology has been extensively revised and expanded to cover the entire field of anatomic pathology, including molecular pathology, human genetics, electron microscopy, microbiology for surgical pathologist, transplant pathology, and cytopathology. A panel of 70+ recognized authorities from around the world have incorporated recent advances in molecular pathology, cytology, and immunohistochemistry, adopted the new series of World Health Organization classification books, and used the 2002 TNM staging system and classifications throughout the book. Several new chapters on transplant pathology, the spleen, no-neoplastic skin diseases, the head and neck, the eye and ocular adnexa, the vulva and vagina, and the penis and scrotum significantly expand the book's coverage. The 2000+ new black-and-white images added to the text are also available in full color on a companion CD-ROM packaged with each book. The comprehensive, evidence based practice information is presented in an outline format that is clear and easy to follow.
Up-to-date and richly detailed, Essentials of Anatomic Pathology, Second Edition offers both the pathologist-in-training pathologist a concise summary of all the critical information needed to recognize, understand, and interpret anatomic pathology.
- Comprehensive coverage of the complete anatomic pathology curriculum
- Written by 70+ internationally recognized authorities from around the world
- Extensively revised and expanded to cover all aspects of anatomic pathology
- Comprehensive practice information in an outline format that is clear and easy to follow
- 2000+ new black-and-white images, also available in full color on a companion CD-ROM
- New immunohistochemistry data incorporated in each chapter
- Many new chapters and completely rewritten chapters
- Use of the 2002 TNM staging system and classifications throughout the book
- Organization by bodily organ facilitates accurate and rapid interpretation and diagnosis
- Stand-alone resource for pathology residents and practicing pathologists
- Goldmine of valuable and useful information needed in daily clinical practice
- Each chapter a virtual handbook suitable for test preparation and reference