I. Alternatives for crop diversification:
1. Crop diversification for sustainable agriculture / S.P. Mittal and R.K. Aggarwal.
2. Diversification of cropping systems for sustainable production / Mahendra Singh Pal.
3. Alternative efficient cropping systems to rice-wheat for north-western plains of India / Sewa Ram and Ravindra Singh.
4. Diversification of cropping systems through cultivation of medicinal and aromatic plants in Indo-Gangetic plains / D.D. Patra, Sukhmal Chand and M. Anwar.
5. Prospects of medicinal plants in alternate land use system / T.N. Shivananda, T. Vasantha Kumar and P.E. Rajasekharan.
6. Soil resources based alternative land use planning for sustaining agricultural productivity / Raj Kumar.
7. Mushroom farming - a sustainable land use system / R.N. Verma and M.P. Sagar.
8. Alternative land use systems for sustainable agricultural production in Malwa Plateau of Madhya Pradesh / C.L. Acharya and A.K. Sharma.
9. Sustainable productivity of crops and cropping systems through diversification / R.C. Thakur and D. Badiyala.
10. Alternative sustainable land uses for Aravali region / Pratap Singh, S.P. Mittal and R.K. Aggarwal.
II. Agroforestry in crop diversification:
11. Agroforestry models for sustainable production in Kashmir valley / A.H. Mughal.
12. Agroforestry - an alternative land use system for sustainable production / H.S. Thind.
13. Agroforestry options in Indo-Gangetic plains / K.R. Solanki and Ram Newaj.
14. Diversification of agriculture through agroforestry / R.K. Sapra.
15. Scope and performance of Paulownia cultivation as agroforestry tree in India / Charan Singh.
III. Role of horticulture in crop diversification:
16. Alternative land use systems for sustainable production under horticulture / P. Parvatha Reddy and S.C. Kotur.
17. Horticulture - an alternative for diversification of agriculture in North-West India / A.S. Sandhu, W.S. Dhillon and Raghbir Singh.
18. Role of horticulture in diversification and sustainability of agriculture / Suneel Sharma, S.K. Sharma and Dal Singh.
19. Scope of sustainable fruit production under degraded lands of Himachal Pradesh / Sushil Kumar, I.P. Sharma, M.K. Sharma and T. Suresh Kumar.
20. Sustainable horticulture development in Indian cold deserts of North-Western Himalayan region / D.P. Sharma and K.K. Jindal.
21. Diversification of fruit crops in hilly regions - need for sustainable development / K.Kumar and S.D. Sharma.
IV. Fodder crops as an alternative:
22. Forage and fodder resources and sustainable development in Himachal Pradesh / G.D. Vashist, Ashok Kumar and M.S. Pathania.
23. Improving forage production for sustaining livestock in India / Sunil Kumar and N.P. Melkania.
24. Alternate land use systems for sustainable forage production from wastelands under hilly conditions / B.R. Sood, Naveen Kumar and R.C. Thakur.
V. Management of problem soils for alternative crops:
25. Management of sodic wasteland for fuelwood production and environmental conservation / Bajrag Singh.
26. Role of remote sensing in management of salt affected soils and waterlogged areas / R.S. Dwivedi, K.V. Ramana and K. Sreenivas.
27. Sodic land management - an approach for sustainable agriculture / Seema Srivastava, R.N. Bhargava and C.A. Rao.
28. Alternate land use for waterlogged areas in the eastern region / N. Sahoo, S. Roy Chowdhury and H.N. Verma.
29. Alternate land use system for salt-affected lands / O.S. Tomar and J.C. Dagar.
30. Soil resources based land use planning for northern plains of India / C.S. Walia, S.P. Singh and Jagat Ram.
31. Alternate uses of salt affected lands in the eastern region / Ravender Singh, D.K. Kundu and H.N. Verma.
32. Restoration of productivity of degraded lands through alternative land uses and recycling of organic residues / R.P. Yadav, R.K. Aggarwal and S.P. Mittal.
VI. Alternatives for cold desert:
33. Alternative land use system for sustainable production in cold desert (Ladakh) / Brahma Singh and A.B. Dhaulakhandi.
34. Alternatives for sustainable agricultural development of cold deserts / I.P. Sharma, R.P. Awasthi and T. Suresh Kumar.
35. Seabuckthorn (Hippophae L.) as horticultural plant bioresource for cold deserts / H.P. Sankhyan, I.P. Sharma, K.K. Jindal and R. Bawa.