I. Trans-action, encounter and traditional space:
1. Revisiting ancient tradition: the modern Laban / Bartenieff system as applied in practice to Indian classical dance / Ciane Fernandes.
2. The soul of the story: Blending Hart, Bogart and Suzuki in a curricular shift for the globalized American actor / Diane Smith-Sadak.
3. Creating the cognitive space of the character / Erik Rynell.
4. Theatresports and live performance in contemporary western culture / Matthijs Engelberts.
5. Understanding understanding: phenomenological hermeneutics in Thomas Lehmen's clever / Nigel Stewart.
6. I saw it with my own eyes: the power of messenger reports and Teichoscopies on stage / Peter G.F. Eversmann.
7. Ballet Frankfurt and the re-branding of Frankfurt's changing identity / Robyn Marie Campbell.
II. Political polarities and identity formation:
8. Reclaiming cultural identity: the upsurge of 'coloured' theatre in South Africa since 1990 / Bett Pacey.
9. Faking truth: the 'problem' of 'theatricality' / Glen McGillivray.
10. Materialism, intellectualism and the dialectics of The Oriki of a Grasshopper / John Warrick.
11. Post-operatic encounters with history / Nicholas Till.
12. Intimate interactions: spatializing a postmodern sociology of theatre / Rebecca Caines.
13. Surviving the monoculture: land, language, identity corpses, Zombies or life after McDonald's / Tim Prentki.
14. Ethnic symbolism in the plays of Wole Soyinka / Vibha Sharma.
III. Ethnic issues and challenges:
15. Ethnicity and style in productions at the Royal Court Theatre, London, 1956-1966 / Amelia Howekritzer.
16. Cultural memory and ethnic surrogation in sleep deprivation chamber / Elizabeth Bonjean.
17. Un-presented reality: on self-identification of the polish society in drama after 1989 / Ewa Wachocka.
18. An echo of phenomenological reflection in the analysis of the Butoh Bodily states / Jelena Rajak.
19. The Fadime Sahindal Story: honour killings as "death by culture" in Sweden 2002 / Tiina Rosenberg.
20. A Bizarre entrance of the ethnic other / Yael Feiler.
IV. Ethnic roots and cultural confrontation:
21. Performance, context, power and transformation: a study based on two performances in Kerala / B. Ananthakrishnan.
22. Writing back from the empire: Indian images on the English stage / Christopher Innes.
23. Fritz Benewitz in India: a Co-operative Research Project / David G. John.
24. Bombay dreams: commodity production / David Whitton.
25. Indra: "The Drinker of Soma" and his role in Indian theatre / Elzabieta Koldrzak.
26. Image of the string puppet: female sacrifice and the case of Queen Padmini of Chittor / Poh Sim Plowright.
27. Re-dressing Shakespeare: ethnic identity and costume in Indian performances of Shakespeare / Poonam Trivedi.
28. Towards a multicultural theatre: the changing audience for contemporary Indian drama in English / Radha Ramaswamy.
29. Identity crisis in multicultural society: the case of Parsi Theatre / Ranbir Sinh.
30. Subaltern theatre: parallels in Jewish and Bengali theatres / Seth L. Wolitz.
V. Subjugation of identities and ethnic icons:
31. Tehrik-e-Niswan: theatre of identity / Asma Mundrawala.
32. Emptying the sea by the bucketful: a difficult phase in Cambodian Theatre or the creation of a culture of dependency / Catherine Diamond.
33. Performing Taiwan: The Taipei Theatre in New York and cultural propaganda / Chai-Hsin Chou.
34. A breathing space where anything can happen...: travelling theatre in Japan, China, India and Bangladesh in a contextual perspective / Christina Nygren.
35. Modernity vs. tradition: a case study of Wu Hsing-Kuo's stage presentation / Li, Ruru.
36. Wayang Kulit as contact zone: tradition in global flux / Matthew Issac Cohen.
37. Okinawan drama: its ethnicity and identity under assimilation to Japan / Shoko Yonaha.