Bhavaprakash Nighantu is nucleus of Ayurvedic Materia Medica. It is one of the most indispensable works on Ayurveda. This work on English translation of the ancient Ayurvedic text has been divided into two parts:
Part A, deals with principle Ayurvedic drugs of plant and animal origin. It covers twenty chapters on various gana (classification) of Bhavaprakash. Here, Ayurvedic parameters applicable to drugs have been tackled in detail.
Part B is miscellaneous work dealing with:
- Classification of drugs according to medicinal activity.
- Description of gana according to Ayurveda.
- Brief monographs of medicinal plants used in Ayurveda.
- Certain miscellaneous Ayurvedic drugs.
- Plants used in other alternative systems of medicine.
- Drugs of animal origin.
It will serve a handy reference book for all those involved in Ayurvedic and medicinal plant research.