The current edition of Company Law by Dr Avtar Singh, a highly acclaimed and recommended book on the subject, has been thoroughly revised and updated in the light of recent significant legislative changes.
The book presents a thorough study of all the new concepts and changes made in Company Law since 2013, including topics such as requirement of minimum share capital, related party transactions, Audit Committees, clause 49 of the Listing Agreement etc. This book has been updated with special resolutions, use of common seal, class action suits, shareholders rights, provisions for corporate social responsibility etc.
The notable features of this book are:
- Gives in-depth understanding of Companies Act, 2013 along with all its amendments.
- Updated with the discussion on two latest amendments post 2013 Act, one in 2015 and another in 2017.
- Topic wise arrangement of matter, explaining the various aspects of company law with the help of Indian and foreign case laws.
- Includes a note on the highlights of the Companies Act, 2013 by Khaitan & Co., Mumbai, to give a practitioner's view of the new Companies Act.
Includes additional learning resources on www.ebcexplorer.com:
- Access to important case law as indicated by Case PilotTM
- Discussion ForumTM provides a platform outside classroom to post comments, discuss and explore ideas.
- SCC Online Blog to stay updated on recent happenings of the legal world.