1. Democracy and freedom of thought.
2. On Gandhism.
3. Revolutionary illusions.
4. The Soviet Socialist Enigma.
5. Ends and means.
6. Two conceptions of Socialism.
7. Leadership in economic transition and the concept of property.
8. Hinduism, reason and justice.
9. On the materialistic interpretation of history.
10. Reason and social institutions.
11. Gandhi and God.
12. Marxist doubts and certainties.
13. Nehru as architect of democracy.
14. Reason, mysticism and Rabindranath.
15. Towards a new society.
16. The heritage of Islam.
17. India and Panchayati Raj.
18. Wealth versus well-being.
19. For a quiet revolution.
20. The political economy of non-violence: Gandhi, Marx and beyond.
21. India after fifty years of independence.
22. Political philosophy of Tagore.
23. People's power.
24. Corrupt society.
25. Transcendental humanism.
26. Varieties of humanism.
27. On the edge of a century.
28. One world.