I. Foundations of Indian culture:
1. Significance of culture.
2. Ancient culture.
3. The Indus civilisation.
4. The Vedic culture.
5. Post Vedic and epic culture.
6. Jainism and Buddhism.
7. The Smritis, the Puranas and the Gita.
II. Consolidation of Indian culture:
8. The classical age.
9. Indian culture abroad.
10. South and the north.
III. Assimilation by Indian culture:
11. Introduction to medieval age.
12. Age of the Rajputs.
13. Culture during the Muslim rule.
14. An attempt at Hindu-Muslim synthesis.
IV. Modern age:
15. Modern culture.
16. The west and India.
17. The Indian renaissance.