Vol.1: Disease Management:
1. A new paradigm in health care delivery: disease management/Mark Zitter.
2. The disease management development process/John E. Eichert, Herbert Wong, and David R. Smith.
3. Health outcomes: measuring and maximizing value in disease management/John B. Doyle.
4. Financial and actuarial issues/Richard A. Kipp, W. Charles Towner and Howard A. Levin.
5. Disease state considerations/Charles E. Barr, Daniel L. Bouwman and Frank Lobeck.
6. Clinical practice guidelines: foundation for effective disease management/John T. Kelly and David B. Bernard.
7. The roles of pharmaceutical companies in disease management/Stan Bernard.
8. Disease management in managed care organizations/Joseph E. Biskupiak, Peter Chodoff and David B. Nash.
9. The role of case management in disease management/Marcia Diane Ward and Julia A. Rieve.
10. Home care and disease management/Sharyn S. Lee.
11. Strategic alliances/Warren E. Todd.
12. Beyond disease management: population-based health management/Kent W. Peterson and Dennis P. Kane.
Vol.2: Handbook for the New Health Care Manager:
1. Understanding the Role of Health Care Manager.
I. Effective Leadership Skills:
2. Establishing a progressive work environment.
3. Executing decisions and actions.
4. Exemplifying leadership presence and guidance.
5. Orchestrating progressive team action and individual performance.
6. Case study: Carolina hospital student health center.
II. Progressive Management Skills:
7. Assessing and evaluating staff performance.
8. Balancing "administrivia" and progressive action.
9. Creating team innovation and progressive team action.
10. Mediating conflict and managing tough situations.
11. Case study: Jersey Medical Center Community Relations Office.
III. Practical People Skills: 12. Selecting and hiring top performers.
13. Communicating comprehensively throughout the management sphere.
14. Orientation from team leader to management team member.
15. Developing and educating staff.
16. Case study: Cisco city rehabilitation center.
1. Management guidesheets.
2. Training and development guide.
3. Glossary of health care management terms, acronyms, and initialisms.
4. Interview questions and response indicators.
5. Health care manager's guide to employee relations.
6. Outplacement practicum.
Vol.3: A Guide for the Health Care Executive:
1. A framework for effective management/Robert G. Gift and Catherine F. Kinney.
2. Quality audits/assessments/Ellen J. Gaucher and Eric W. Kratochwill.
3. Organizing work as a system/Catherine F. Kinney.
4. Systems thinking/Rhoda L. Ryba.
5. Dialogue/Julie A. Rennecker.
6. Statistical process control/Steve Durbin.
7. Customer needs analysis/John O. Young.
8. Visionary planning/Lorraine P. Whittemore.
9. Idealized design/Sherry L. Bright.
10. Hoshin planning/strategic policy deployment/Peter M. Mannix and Judith C. Pelham.
11. Quality function deployment/Beverly Begovich.
12. Pathways and algorithms/Teresa Kleeb.
13. Small-scale study using the PDCA cycle/Janet Houser Carter.
14. FOCUS-PDCA/Patricia K. Stoltz.
15. Benchmarking/Robert G. Gift.
16. Reengineering/Greg Running and Marla Weigert. V. Conclusion:
17. Management, method selection implications and future directions/Robert G. Gift and Catherine F. Kinney.