1. Situation of tribes, their peculiarity.
2. Oral tradition.
3. Mr. Sutherland's report of 1817.
4. Influence of outward impressions on Sonthali character.
5. Poetical feeling of the Sonthal.
7. Druidical sacrifices.
8. Festivals continued.
9. Sketchy calibre of the work.
10. Sanscrit, elder sister, but not fountain head, of language.
11. Ceremonies observed at birth.
12. The cold weather.
13. Camp at Simra.
14. Origin and causes of Sonthal rebellion.
15. Conduct of officials and government with regard to the rebellion.
16. Opportunity for observing missionary efforts.
17. Curious belief with regard to hell.
18. Primitive knowledge of agriculture.
19. Sonthali dances.
20. Marked change with regard to the number of tigers in Sonthal Pergunnahs.
21. Snakes and reptiles in the Pergunnah.