I. Insurgency and Jammu and Kashmir:
2. Nature of insurgency in theory:
i. Brief history.
iv. Mechanics of struggle.
3. Jammu and Kashmir and insurgency:
i. Brief history of Jammu & Kashmir.
ii. Partition trouble 1947-48.
iii. 1965 war and 1971 war.
iv. Post 1980s—genesis of insurgency.
v. Geography; people, region and Terrain.
vi. Infiltration and cross border support.
II. Air power in past insurgencies:
4. Highly successful application of air power:
i. Somalia 1920.
ii. Iraq, Jordan, Aden 1920s-30s.
iv. Palestine revolt-1936.
5. Successful application of air power:
i. Greek civil war 1944-49.
ii. Malaysia 1948-60.
iii. Algeria 1954-62.
iv. Kenya 1952-60.
6. Success of air power:
i. Indo-China 1946-54.
ii. Northern Ireland 1968 onwards.
iii. Afghanistan 1979-89.
iv. Super powers in Afghanistan and Vietnam.
III. Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir: Role of air power re-examined:
7. Insurgency prognosis: Jammu and Kashmir:
i. Recent history.
ii. Our ground experience.
iv. Current strategy.
8. Insurgency and air power:
ii. Air power in counter insurgency—tasks, considerations, tactics and precautions.
iii. Proactive Vs reactive strategy.
iv. Air power in Jammu and Kashmir.
9. Ideal aircraft for counter insurgency work.
10. Limitations of intelligence: