Anatomy and Physiology form the foundation of all medical and surgical specialties. Just like Doctors, Nurses are also equally responsible in the care of patients. Nurses play an important role in almost all the realms of patient care like administering prescribed medicines through various routes, assisting in carrying out diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, for which a thorough knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology is mandatory. The Fifth Edition of Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses has been presented to students, which has been thoroughly revised and updated as per the INC requirement.
• To make the learning easy and for understanding, Anatomy and Physiology have been integrated. Great care has been taken to keep the content strictly as per INC requirement.
• A comprehensive rearrangement of chapters has been done for easy understanding and sequential learning.
• All the chapters have been thoroughly revised and updated.
• Two chapters “Introduction to Chemistry of Life” and “Introduction to Nutrition” will acquaint the students with basics of both the topics.
• The chapter “Introduction to Genetics” has been thoroughly revised.
• About 100 tables and 100 flowcharts and Extra Knowledge Bites have been added to make the learning easy and interesting.
• Embryology and Histology of important structures have been added in different boxes to provide a new dimension for an integrated learning.
• Histological photomicrographs of important structures have been introduced.
• This book can be used by MSc Nursing students and students of other Masters Degree for their preliminary course. However, the information specifically important to the BSc Nursing students has been given as Added Information.
• Most of the figures have been redrawn. More than 700 illustrations have been added for easy reproducibility. Several clinical photographs and X-rays have been added to generate interest.
• Clinical correlations have been added to make the student understand the pathological changes occurring in various organs.
• The edition is accompanied with a free workbook that contains chapter-wise image-based questions, descriptive and objective type questions for revision, self-assessment and improvement.