1. Globalization: An Introduction : A Historical Perspective; The Growth of Trade; The Globalization of Capital; Changing Demographics; Advancements in Communications; The Rise and Rise of the Internet; Challenges Ahead; What This Book Covers.
2. The Race for Global Competitiveness : Understanding Competitiveness; Developing Competitiveness; The Silicon Valley Story; Ireland: The Rising Star of Europe; Hong Kong: Moving from Manufacturing to High Value Added Services; Taiwan: Asia's Silicon Valley; Finland's Attempts to Sustain Global Competitiveness; Israel's Vigorous Economy; Japan: Is a Comeback Around the Corner?; Germany: A Nation Trying to Reinvent Itself; France: Challenges Ahead; India: Has the Indian Century Arrived?.
3. The Impact of Globalization on Governance : Understanding the Key Issues; Historical Factors; Cultural Factors; Winds of Change; The United States; Japan; Continental Europe; Germany; France; Other Regions.
4. The Transnational Corporation : The Process of Globalization; The Characteristics of a Transnational Corporation; Capabilities; Multidimensionality; Value Chain Configuration; Contestability; Market Spread; Diversity.
5. Global Value Chain Configuration : The Value Chain; Generic Strategies; The Key Issues; Research and Development; Operations; Information Technology; Treasury Management; Comparative and Strategic Advantages; The Importance of Clusters.
6. Entering Global Markets : Key Issues in Global Marketing; Dealing with Cultural Issues; Understanding New Markets; Entering New Markets; Wholly Owned Subsidiaries; Greenfield Ventures versus Acquisitions; Market Research.
7. Operating in Global Markets : Product Management; Balancing Standardization and Customization; Pricing; Sales and Distribution; Customer Relationship Management.
8. Global Branding : Global versus Local Branding; Umbrella versus Product Branding; Global Positioning; Global Advertising; Advertising Agency; Media Planning.
9. Partnering for Competitive Advantage : An Integral Part of Corporate Strategy; Acquisitions and Alliances; Structuring the Alliance; Making Alliances Work; Partnering in a Wiki World; Dealing with Problems; Terminating Alliances.
10. Knowledge Management in a Global Corporation : The Importance of Knowledge Management; Framing a Knowledge Strategy; Exploration versus Exploitation; Knowledge Management Initiatives; Accelerating the Knowledge Sharing Process; Balancing Technology and Human Interaction; The Social Dimensions of Knowledge Management; The Rise of Mass Collaboration; Implementing a Knowledge Management System.
11. Developing Global Managers : Understanding Global Mindset; Selection; Cross Cultural Adjustment; Training and Orientation; Sending the Right Signals; Management of Expatriates; Co-ordination Mechanisms; Vision and Values; Pitfalls to be Avoided.
12. Concluding Notes : An Entrepreneurial Process; A New Way of Creating Value; Managing Risks; Developing and Leveraging Capabilities; Orchestration Holds the Key; Managing Paradox; Developing Global Managers; Leadership; The Emerging Landscape; The Road Ahead.