Vol.1: Natural Disaster Management:
1. Disaster assessment.
2. Natural disaster mitigation and relief.
3. Natural disaster mitigation in sewerage systems.
4. Environmental management and the mitigation of natural disasters.
5. Flood disaster management.
6. Tornadoes and hurricanes.
7. Katrina and Rita Hurricanes.
8. Contingency planning.
9. Disaster management ethics.
Vol.2: Human Made Disaster Management:
1. Natural and human made disasters.
2. Coping with emotional effects of disasters.
3. Human rights standards on post-disaster rehabilitation.
4. Mitigating the impacts of bombing.
5. Managing space disaster.
6. Role of technology in disaster mitigation.
7. Disaster Mitigation Programme.
8. The Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991.
9. The Chemical Accidents (Emergency Planning, Preparedness and Responses) Rules, 1996.
10. The Disaster Management Bill, 2005.
Vol.3: Hazardous Materials Disaster Management:
1. Releases of hazardous materials during earthquakes.
2. Handling household hazardous materials.
3. Managing radioactive materials.
4. Emergency warning for hazardous materials transportation accidents.
5. Management of chemical accidents.
6. Risk management in gas and electricity industries.
7. Vulnerability analysis of hazardous substances.
8. Safety planning in hazardous industry.
9. Dangerous goods safety management.
10. Humanitarian approach to disaster management.
11. Modeling multi-hazard disaster reduction strategies.
12. Manufacture, storage and import of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1989.
13. Hazardous Waste (Management and Handling) Amendment Rules, 2000.
14. Rules for the manufacture, use, import, export and storage of hazardous micro-organisms genetically engineered organisms or cells.
Vol.4: Drought Management:
1. Understanding drought.
2. Drought management strategies.
3. Drought preparedness.
4. Reducing drought risk.
5. Comprehensive risk assessment.
6. Drought Early Warning System.
7. Role of Remote Sensing in Drought Management.
8. Drought and the farming sector.
9. Creating drought-resistant soil.
10. Drought and sustainable agriculture in India.
11. Post-drought rehabilitation.
12. Drought relief and mitigation in Maharashtra.
Vol.5: Volcano Disaster Management:
1. Introduction to volcanoes.
2. Physical behaviour of volcanoes.
3. Volcano activity and eruptions.
4. Volcanic eruptions and climate.
5. Volcanic disturbances and ecosystem recovery.
6. Capabilities and eruption forecasting.
7. Volcanic ash and other air borne hazardous materials.
8. Volcanic eruptions affect society.
9. Volcanic hazards.
10. Natural hazard risk reduction.
11. Mitigation of volcanic disasters.
12. Role of ecosystems in Mitigating natural hazards.
13. Volcanic Risk Mitigation Plan.
14. Techniques for natural hazard assessment.
Vol.6: Cyclone Disaster Management:
1. Introduction to cyclone.
2. Hazards, disasters and your community.
3. Tropical cyclones.
4. Cyclone vulnerability and casual workers.
5. Methods of disaster risk reduction.
6. Hazards of cyclones in India.
7. Instructional and financial arrangements for disaster management.
8. Modern strategies for disaster risk reduction.
9. Cyclone Warning System.
10. Cyclone Risk Mitigation Programme.
11. Contingency Action Planning.
12. Cyclone Disaster Mitigation in Bangladesh.
Vol.7: Tsunami Disaster Management:
1. Introduction to Tsunamis.
2. 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami.
3. Tsunami Management.
4. Assessing the environmental impact of Tsunamis.
5. Coastal vulnerability assessments.
6. Institutional and policy framework for disaster management in India.
7. Disaster risk management and millennium development goals.
Vol.8: Earthquake Disaster Management:
1. Earthquakes: causes and consequences.
2. Sources of earthquakes damage.
3. Earthquake-related hazards.
4. Management of nonstructural earthquakes.
5. Seismic risk assessment.
6. Seismic management strategies.
7. Effective performance in seismic risk reduction.
8. Seismic hazards in Indian subcontinent.
9. Earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
10. Earthquake safety.
11. Gujarat Earthquake Rehabilitation Project (GERP).
Vol.9: Flood Disaster Management:
1. Global flood scenario.
2. Coping with flood.
3. Flood mitigation.
4. Medico-legal work in flood-affected areas.
5. Management of deadbodies.
6. Flood proofing strategies.
7. Resolutions on managing corpses.
8. Floods management in India.
9. Integrated flood management.
Vol.10: Global Climate Change:
2. Greenhouse gas reduction.
3. Climate change on biodiversity.
4. Building a climate-friendly environment.
5. International climate efforts.
6. Climate data analysis.
7. Political economy of climate change.
8. Health effects of climate change.
9. Modelling of global climate change.
10. The framework convention on climate change.