Four new chapters have been added for this edition. these focus on:
- Non conventional and emerging materials - metallic foams, amorphous metals (including bulk metallic glasses), structural intermetallic compounds and micr/nano-scale materials.
- Techniques for the modelling and simulation of metallic materials.
- Supporting technologies for the processing of metals and alloys.
- An Extensive bibliography of selected sources of further metallurgical information, including books, journals, conference series, professional societies, metallurgical databases and specialist search tools.
- One of the best known and most trusted sources of reference since its first publication more than 50 years ago.
- The only single volume containing all the data needed by researchers and professional metallurgists.
- Fully updated to the latest revisions of international standards.