Pillai's R.V. Kelkar's Lectures on Criminal Procedure is an authoritative commentary on the subject. The latest edition of this book has been updated with the latest statutory amendments and case laws.
Following are the outstanding features of this book:
1. This book has been written in a unique format of "lectures" instead of "chapters".
2. All lectures have been arranged "topic-wise" in a logical order, a feature that is rarely found commentaries on CrPC.
3. Each topic includes all connected provisions which are explained in a lucid and easy to understand way.
4. Exercises and questions have been added at the end of each lecture to encourage students to analyse the provisions of the law and make a deeper study of the subject.
5. This edition includes the changes made in the Code by the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013.