Part I: Global Drugs and Pharmaceutical Sector: Situation Analysis
1. Strategy for Discovering New Therapeutics in Developing Countries by Professor R Kumar.
2. Drugs and Pharmaceutical Sector in NAM Countries: Implications of WTO and TRIPS by Dr (Mrs) Veena Jha.
3. Current and Emerging Horizons in Global Drugs and Pharmaceutical Sector by Dr (Mrs) Rama Mukherjee.
Part II: Discovery, Design and Development of Investigative New Drugs (INDs) Current Trends
4. Founder's Day Lecture: New Drug Development: An Indian Success Story by Dr Venkateswerlu.
Part III: Medicinal Plants and Traditional Drugs New Precursors for INDs
5. Potential of Medicinal Plants as a Source for New Drugs Development by Dr Tuley De Silva.
6. Modern Techniques of Screening Natural Products for Drug Discovery by Dr Mark Butler.
7. Lead Optimisation for INDs HIV Protease Inhibitors: From Peptidomimetics to Cyclic Urease by Dr Javed Iqbal.
Part IV: Tools of Automation for Rational Drug Discovery
8. Structure-Activity Studies through Computer Aided Modelling by Dr A K Saxena.
9. Parallel Synthesis and Combinatorial Libraries by Dr S Raghavan.
10. Rapid Screening of Combinatorial Libraries by Dr C Sesagiri Rao.
Part V: Process Technologies for Bulk Drugs: Recent Trends and Innovations (Status of Bulk Drug Processing)
11. Chemistry of Important Unit Processes in the Manufacture of Bulk Drugs and Intermediates by Dr A V Rama Rao.
12. Clean Process Options: Technological Challenges by Dr A A Khan.
Part VI: SMEs in Bulk Drug Sector: Technological Upgradation for Global Competitiveness
13. Cluster Servicing Approach for Technology Transfer to SMEs: An Indian Case Study by Dr K V Raghavan & Dr M Hari Babu.
14. Proactive Government Policies for Sustainable Growth Under a Competitive Regime by Dr Zafrullah Chowdhury.
Part VII: Quality Management in Drugs and Pharmaceutical Sector (Advance in Instrumental Methods for Bulk Drug Characterisation)
15. New Drug Development: Pharmacological Screening and Preclinical Toxicity by Dr P V Diwan.
16. Clinical Evaluation Non-Invasive Clinical Pharmacodynamic Methods in Evaluation of Drug Effects by Dr Naidu.
17. Regulatory Aspects of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals: Trends and Challenges by Dr M Venkateswarlu.
Part VIII: Fingerprinting of Herbal Drugs
18. Fingerprinting of Pharmacopoeia for Herbal Drugs by Dr I Sanjeeva Rao.
19. Good Manufacturing Practices in Drug Industry by Dr P S Ramanathan.
20. Drug Master Files by Dr R Nageswara Rao.
Part IX: Country Status Report
21. Egypt: Current Standing of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Industry.
22. India: Drugs and Pharmaceutical: A Macro View.
23. Inodnesia: Developing Pharmaceuticals Suitable for Indonesian Pharmaceutical Industries.
24. Iraq: Status of the Development of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Including R&D.
25. Malaysia: Research and Development in Herbal Medicine towards Commercialisation of Herbal Preparation/Drug and the Herbal Medicine Industry.
26. Mauritius: Drugs and Pharmaceutical Industry.
27. Nepal: Current Status of Drugs and Pharmaceutical Industry.
28. Syria: A National Report on the Current Status of Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Industry.
29. Zambia: Country Status Report.