Available from 1 August 2022 | Effective from 1 January 2023 | Superseding the BP 2022
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2023 edition, from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, is the most comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
If a pharmaceutical substance or finished product is marketed in a country where the BP is a legal standard, it must comply with the requirements of the BP throughout its shelf life..
Make sure you’re prepared for any new legally enforced changes on the 1st January 2023 and pre-order your copy of BP 2023.
In addition to all European Pharmacopoeia and BP Veterinary texts being included, the new BP 2023 edition also features:
Monographs and BPCRS:
- 23 new BP monographs, 59 new Ph. Eur. monographs.
- 151 amended BP monographs.
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 10th edition as amended by supplements 10.1 to 10.8 are included.
- The Ph. Eur. 11th edition, as amended by supplements 11.1 and 11.2 are included as in-year online and download product updates.
- Updates to BPCRS coincide with BP 2023 to ensure that you remain compliant.
- New Analytical Quality by Design (AQbD) guidance for selected monographs ensures patient safety by providing an outline of best practices to ensure product quality is upheld throughout the product’s lifecycle.
- The Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMP) Flow Cytometry and Vector Copy Number best practice guidance texts offer a practical and phase appropriate validation tool to help your cell therapy programme succeed.
- A new Supplementary Chapter for Inactivated Veterinary Autogenous Vaccines.
Online tools and guides:
- Revision History allows website users to easily view and understand the reasons a change to a monograph has been made.
- Tracked Changes makes it easier for you to see where we have made changes, so you can only the most recent and relevant monographs.
- Concise ’How to use the BP’ guide helps you become more familiar with the requirements of the BP, where to locate the different types of information and how to apply a formulated preparation monograph.
Great value access to the information you need. Choose from a range of flexible licences and formats including full online and offline access.