For over four decades Ghai Essential Pediatrics has been the subcontinent’s most trusted resource for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in pediatrics. With contributions from more than 40 experts, the ninth edition is thoroughly updated and revised to ensure that the reader has access to latest information on diagnoses and therapies.
Unique features of this edition:
1. Emphasis on recognition and management of common pediatric conditions.
2. Liberal use of algorithms and tables emphasizing differential diagnosis, and integrating strategies for evaluation and management.
3. Updated guidelines on diagnosis and management of hypertension, tuberculosis and other infections,and diabetes mellitus.
4. Extensively revised chapters on nutrition, growth, adolescent health, immunization, infections, gastrointestinal system,malignancies,and inborn errors of metabolism.
5. Fresh perspectives from new contributing authors on disorders of development, central nervous system,otorhinolaryngology,micronutrients,poisonings and IMNCI.
6. Easy to locate key content through unique color design.
7. References to relevant websites and updated resources for suggested reading.
8. Free access to dedicated App that provides resource of related clinical photographs, radiographs, tables and algorithms to enhance student-learning and support class-teaching.
This edition is thoroughly updated, revised and up to date ensuring that the reader has access to latest information on diagnosis and treatment. Chapters on nutrition, growth, adolescent health, immunization, infection, gastrointestinal system, malignancies and inborn errors of metabolism have been extensively rewritten and revised in this edition.