1. Examination and Care of Newborn: History and Physical Examination of the Newborn. Maternal history. Current pregnancy. Perinatal history. Past obstetric history. Drug history. Family history. Routine physical examination of the neonate. Physical examination of the neonate. Neurological examination. Neonatal reflexes. Moro reflex. Rooting and sucking reflex. Assessment of Gestational Age. New Ballard Score. Physical Maturity. Neuromuscular maturity. Apgar Score. Care of Normal Newborn. Components of neonatal care. Preparation for delivery. Immediate care at birth. Care after birth. Essential postnatal care. Home messages for care of normal newborn. Normal variations of newborns. Milia. Mongolian blue spots. Erythema toxicum. Peeling skin. Epstein's pearls. Regurgitation and vomiting. Failure to pass meconium and urine. Disorders due to transplacental passage of maternal hormones. Mastitis neonatorum. Vaginal bleeding. Mucoid vaginal secretions.
2. Navjat Shishu Prana-Pratyagaman (Neonatal Resuscitation): ABC's of Resuscitation. Basic resuscitation. Anticipation of need for Resuscitation. Ante partum factors. Intra partum factors. Equipments & Medicines for Resuscitation. Positive pressure ventilation. Care after successful resuscitation. Assessment and timely recognition of the problem. Advanced Resuscitation. Endotracheal intubation. Chest compressions. Ayurvedic Approach of Navjat Shishu. Prana-Pratyagamana.
3. Immunization and Vaccine preventable Diseases: Immunobiologics. Vaccine. Toxoid. Immunoglobulin. Antitoxin. Vaccination. Vaccine contents. Types of vaccines. Cold chain. Immunization schendue. National immunization/universal immunization programme. IAP immunization schedule. Vaccination schedule in adolescents. Combination vaccines. Vaccination in HIV/AIDS Positive Patients. Vaccination schedule of an unimmunized child. Immunization schedule for travelers. Newer vaccines. Adverse events following immunization. Details of particular vaccines. Vaccine Preventable Diseases.
4. Panchkarma: Purva karma Pradhan karma. Paschat karma. Preparatory procedure of Purvakarma. Snehana Karma. Procedure of snehana karma. Determination of kalawadhi. Determination of dose. Dietetic management prior to snehana. Anupana in snehapana. Observation after snehapana. Feature of sneha jirna. Feature of samyak snehana. Feature of asnigdha snehana. Acute complication of snehapana. Chronic complication of snehapana. Post-snehana regiman. Scientific approach of snehana. Svedana (Dudation) Karma. Type of svedana by Kashyap. Scientific approach of Svedana. Indication of Svedana. Contraindication of Svedana. Feature of asamyaka Svedana. Feature of smayaka Svedana. Feature of ati Svedan. Post svedana regimen. Vamana Karma. Indication of Vamana karma. Contraindication of Vamana karma. Procedure of Vamana. Criteria of effective Vamana. Features of samyaka Vamana. Features of asamyaka Vamana. Features of excessive Vamana. Complications of Vamana. Virechana Karma. Pharmacodynamic properties of Virechana drugs. Indications of Virechana karma. Contraindication of Virechana karma. Procedure of Virechana. Determination of Drug Doses in Virechana. Criteria of effective Virechana. Features of samyak Virechana. Features of ayoga Virechana. Feature of atiyoga Virechana. Complications of Virechana. Vasti Karma. Classification of Vasti. Indications of Asthapana Vasti. Contraindications of Asthapana Vasti. Indications of Anuvasana Vasti. Contraindications of Anuvasana Vasti. Features of asamayak Vasti. Features of asamayak Vasti. Features of excess Vasti. Sirovirechana Karma. Classification of Nasya. Indications of Nasya Karma. Contraindication of Nasya Karma. Age at which Nasya can be given. Determination of doses in Nasya karma. Features of adequate Nasya. Features of inadequate Nasya. Features of excessive Nasya. Advantages of adequate Nasya karma. Scope and importance of Pancha karma. Pachan Karma.
5. Pediatric Equipments: Phototherapy. Indication for phototherapy. Machanism of phototherapy. Methadology for phototherapy. Monitoring during and after phototherapy. Contraindications for phototherapy. Intensive phototherapy. Continuous/intermittent phototherapy. Intensive phototherapy. Contraindications for phototherapy. Intensive phototherapy. Continuous/intermittent phototherapy. Home Phototherapy. Sunlight Treatment of Jaundice. Side effects of phototherapy. Overhead Radiant warmer. Constructional detail of Overhead Radiant warmer. Purpose of Overhead Radiant warmer. Key function in Overhead Radiant warmer. Display and Buzzer function in Overhead Radiant warmer. Special Resuscitation equipments & Medicines.
6. Intravenous - Fluid and Blood Sampling: Indication of Intravenous - Fluid administration. Quantity of fluid in Neonates. Quantity of fluid in Infant and children. Deficit fluid. On going loss. Maintenance fluid. Quantity of maintenance fluid based on age of child. Quantity of maintenance fluid based on weight of child. Rate of administration. Blood Sampling. Femoral blood sampling. Venous canulation/puncture. Intra osseous (IO) infusion. Indications of Intra osseous Infusion. Contraindications of Intra osseous Infusion. Steps of Intra osseous Infusion. Complication of Intra osseous Infusion.
7. Emergency Procedures: Lumbar Puncture. Indications for Lumbar Puncture. Contraindications of Lumbar Puncture. Procedure of Lumbar Puncture. Complications of Lumbar Puncture. Bone marrow aspiration. Indication of Bone marrow aspiration. Contraindication of Bone marrow aspiration. Equipment & drugs for Bone marrow aspiration. Procedure/Usual sites of Bone marrow aspiration. Complications of Bone marrow aspiration. Thoracocentesis/Intercostal Drainage. Indication of Thoracocentesis. Contraindications of Thoracocentesis. Position and Site of Thoracocentesis. Methods of Thoracocentesis. Post procedure management of Thoracocentesis. Complications of Thoracocentesis. Abdominal paracentesis. Cord Care Technique. Delivery room procedure. Method of cord care in Samhita granth.
8. Feeding in children: Objectives of Infant and Young Child Feeding. Norms for Infant and Young Child Feeding. Early Initiation of Breastfeeding. Value of Colostrum. Exclusive breastfeeding. Counselling for breastfeeding during pregnancy. Complementary Feeding. First food for the baby. Traditional foods for infants. Protective foods. Ten steps to successful breastfeeding. Problems in breast feeding. Inverted nipples. Sore nipple. Breast engorgement. Breast abscess. No enough milk. Method of breast feeding. Stana-Pana Vidhi (Method of Breast Feeding). Objective of the IMS Act. The IMS Act-Main Points.
9. Common Medicine.
10. Normal Laboratory Value.
11. Neonatal Case Record/Pediatric Case Record.