Introduction: Marine, Maritime and Visionary Worlds.
PART I. MARINE WORLDS.
1. Sea Worls'd Pecific and South-East Asian History Centred on the Philippines.
2. Chasing the Many Faces of a Marine Goddess Across the Eastern Indian Ocean.
3. Bypassed Oceans.
PART II. MARITIME WORLDS.
4. Pacific Currents, Maritime Empires, and Russia's Oceanic Movement.
5. Networks and 'national' Communities in the First Global Hispanic Atlantic.
6. Narrating Little Stories about the Portuguese in the Making of World History.
7. Jumping Frontiers, Crossing Barriers- Transfers Between Oceans: A Case Study of the Portuguese Overseas Expansion, 1400-1800.
8. The Portuguese in the Indian Ocean in the First Global Age: Transoceanic Exchanges, Naval Power, Port Organization and Trade.
PART III. MARITIME WORLD AS SPACE: EUROPE AND THE INDIAN OCEAN.
9. A Global Dream: The Indian Ocean in the European Trading Horizon.
10. Oceans Connect/Fragment: A Global View of the Eastern Ocean.
PART IV. FORMAL AND INFORMAL NETWORKS IN MARITIME WORLDS: THE INDIAN OCEAN.
11. Thai Trade in the Indian Ocean: The Contexts of Pre-Colonial Bay of Bengal Port Management.
12. Human Networks in the Pre-modern World: Rumours of Piracy in Surat.
13. 'A Profitable and Advantageous Commerce': European Private trade in the Western Indian Ocean.
14. Connecting Seas: Indian Textiles in the Indian Ocean Trade in the Early Modern Period.