Section I: Introductory.
1. Introduction / N.S.S. Raman.
2. Landmarks and Distinctive Features of Hinduism / Kireet Joshi.
Section II: Basic Sources.
3. Vedic Religion / K.D. Tripathi.
4. Philosophy of the Upanisads and its Relevance to the Development of Hinduism / Uma Pant.
5. Religion of the Bhagavad Gita / Rajesh K. Jha.
6. Philosophy of the Puranas based on Siva Purana and Other Puranas / Raghunath Giri.
7. The Bhagavata-purana and Other Sources of Vaisnavism / N.S.S. Raman.
8. The Ethics of Valmiki Ramayana / Benjamin Khan.
9. Vedangas / Dharmanand Sharma.
10. Sun-Worship in Ancient India / V.C. Srivastava.
Section III: Basic Systems.
11. Schools of Indian Philosophy and their Influence on the Development of Hinduism / Bijayananda kar.
12. The Place of Advaita Vedanta in Hinduism / N.S.S.Raman.
13. Yoga and its Relation to Hinduism / Raj Khanna.
14. Kashmir Saivism / L.N. Sharma.
15. Saivism of Tamilnadu / T.B. Siddalingaiah.
16. Virasaivism / Vijaya Ramaswamy.
17. Srivaisnavism / S. Revathy.
18. Madhva Vaisnavism and the Birth of the Bhakti Movement / N.S.S. Raman.
19. Tantric Hinduism / Kamalakar Mishra.
Section IV: Basic Concepts and Values.
20. The Dharmasastras and Their Place in Hinduism and the Concept of Dharma / N.S.S. Raman.
21. The Doctrine of Karma in Hinduism / G.C. Nayak.
22. Karma as Ritual and Karma-Yoga / N.S.S. Raman.
23. Artha as Value and Rajadharma / N.S.S. Raman.
24. Kama and Eroticism in the Hindu Tradition / Kala Archarya.
25. The Concept of Moksa / S.R. Bhatt.
26. Origin and Development of the Concept of Samnyasa / S.S. Antarkar.
27. The Hindu System of Values / Hari Shankar Prasad.
28. Hindu Conception of God/Gods / S.P. Dubey.