1. Conflict Dynamics in a 'Shatter Zone': The Shifting Terrain / Nani G. Mahanta.
II. Land, Conflict and Displacement.
2. Struggle for Life and Livelihood: The Doyang-Tengani Forest Dwellers' Movement in Assam / Akhil Ranjan Dutta.
3. Land and Conflicts in North East India / Gita Bharali.
4. Conflict and Displacement / Pradip Phanjoubam.
5. Resisting Development: A case of the Pagladia Dam Project / Barnalee Choudhury.
III. Conflict across International Borders: Migration and Strategic Dynamics.
6. Environmental Insecurity, Population Displacement, and Native-Migrants Conflict: A Perspective from Assam / Dilip Gogoi.
7. China and Northeast Frontier: Strategies and Limitations for Indian Foreign Policy Makers / Shubhrajeet Konwer.
IV. Ethnicity, Contested Identities and the State.
8. The State and the Ethnicisation of Space in Northeast India / Chandan Kr. Sharma.
9. Kamatapur and the Koch Rajbanshi Imagination / Arup Jyoti Das.
10. Excluding the 'Other': the Marginalization of the 19th Century Adivasi Migrants in Assam / Subhash Barman.
11. State and Extrajudicial Executions in North East India / Anjuman Ara Begum.
V. Conflict Resolution and Conflict Transformation.
12. Violent Rebel Imaginaries, Contested Territories and Conflict Resolution in North East India / Namrata Goswami.
13. Gandhian Satyagraha as a Tool for Social Action: A Case Study of Tamulpur Anchalik Gramdan Sangh (TAGS), Kumarikata, Assam / Abhijit Bhuyan.
14. Land-Key to Ethnic Reconciliation in India's Northeast / Subir Bhaumik.
15. Institution Building and Conflict Transformation in Northeast India / Rajesh Dev.