- Revised and updated chapters including new drugs and latest treatment guidelines.
- Wide range of topics from basic pharmacological concepts to practical therapeutics.
- A new chapter on 'Nitric Oxide and Vasoactive Peptide Signal Molecules’; has been added along with novel drugs that act by modifying action/turnover of these molecules.
- Priority has been accorded to drugs that are marked in India, and their leading brand names are mentioned along with dosage forms.
- List of abbreviations provided in the beginning of the book.
- All recently released drugs are included.
- Eye catching drug classification charts which help create pictorial memory.
- Several new figures, charts, tables and highlight boxes have been added.
- Focus on 'evidence-based medicine' by extensive reference to credible studies and endpoint trials.
- India-specific information on diseases, drugs and treatment guidelines, particularly for TB, leprosy, HIV-AIDS, malaria, kala-azar, etc.
- Therapeutic recommendations from eminent professional bodies and organizations.
- The ‘Problem Directed Study’ at the end of most chapters provides an exercise in therapeutic decision making.
- Includes Appendices on Solution to Problem Directed Study; Prescribing in Pregnancy; Drugs in Breastfeeding; and Drugs and Fixed Dose Combinations Banned in India.
- A brief list of useful references for further reading is provided at the end of the book.