Part One: Issues in Interpreting the Yoga Tradition
1. Reading the Fourth Pada of Patanjali’s Yoga-Sutra.
2. Rethinking Prajna: Yoga-Sutra 1.49 under a Philosophical Magnifying Glass.
3. Moving Towards a Non-Dualistic Interpretation of Yoga: The Integration of Spirit (Purusha) and Matter (Prakriti) in the Yoga-Sutra.
4. Yoga-Sutras II.25 and the Conundrum of Kaivalya.
5. Yoga’s Theism: A New Way of Understanding God.
Part Two: Issues in Interpreting the Vedanta Tradition
6. Advaita Vedanta Insights.
7. Shankara granthah katham otah protash ca?.
8. Appaya Dikshita on Avidyanivrtti: A Critique in Siddhantaleshasangraha.
9. The Gaudiya Challenge to Advaita Vedanta and Classical Yoga: Re-figuring Models of Embodiment and Personhood.
Part Three: Issues of Continuity and Compatibility
10. Sankarsha-kanda: A Victim in Mimamsa Madhyama-vyayoga.
11. Linguistic and Cosmic Powers: The Concept of Shakti in the Philosophies of Bhartrhari and Abhinavagupta.
12. Freedom in the Bhagavad-Gita: An Analysis of Buddhi and Sattva Categories.
Part Four: Issues of Narrative, Philosophical Discourse and Grammar
13. Forging the Fate of Karna: Observations on the Critical Edition of the Mahabharata.
14. Truth and Power in Sanskrit Philosophical Discourse.
15. Ramayana Notes III: The Past Active Participle.
Part Five: Issues of Brahmanical Intellectuals, Ascetics and Renunciants.
16. Some Notes on the Difficulties in Defining Intellectual Opponents in the Mahabharata.
17. Renunciation and Celebration: Ascetics in the Temple Life of Medieval Tamil Nadu.
Part Six: Issues in Contemporary Hinduism: Environment, Non-violence, Gender, Faith and Syncretism
18. Hinduism and the Environment: Then and Now.
19. Earth, Water, and Dharmic Ecology: Perspectives from the Svadhyaya Practitioners.
20. Technology, Violence, and Non-violence: A Gandhian Type of Response.
21. Reviewing Hinduism: Religion, Violence, and Non-Violence.
22. The Role of Government Education in the Lives of Females in Rural Chhattisgarh.
23. On Being Hindu: Some Autobiographical Reflections.
24. Ziyaratu Darshanam: A South Indian Pilgrimage Beyond the Boundaries.