The book is strictly in accordance with the Nursing syllabus and caters to the needs of BSc Nursing and GNM alike. A comprehensive rearrangement of chapters has been done for developing an easy understanding and all the chapters have been thoroughly revised and updated to keep the students abreast with the recent advancements in the subjects. Two new chapters, "Introduction to Chemistry of Life" and "Introduction to Nutrition" have been added to acquaint the students with basics of both the topics. This edition is also accompanied with an interactive workbook that will facilitate structured learning and revision of all the important concepts in every chapter.
• To make the learning easy and for better understanding, anatomy and physiology have been integrated, for the first time in this edition. Great care has been taken to keep the content strictly as per nursing syllabus.
• A comprehensive rearrangement of chapters has been done for easy understanding and sequential learning.
• All the chapters have been thoroughly revised and updated
• Two new chapters “Introduction to Chemistry of Life” and “Introduction to Nutrition” have been added to acquaint the students with basics of both the topics
• Many boxes and flow-charts have been made to make the reading and learning interesting.
• Embryology and histology of important structures has been added in different boxes to provide a new dimension for an integrated learning. Histological photomicrographs of important structures have been introduced.
• The book has been designed in a way that it caters to the needs of students of both GNM and BSc Nursing. However, the information specifically important to the BSc Nursing students has been given as Added Information.
• All the figures have been redrawn and many new illustrations have been added for easy reproducibility.
• Many new relevant flowcharts and tables have been added for a quick grasp of the important concepts in both the subjects.
• Clinical correlations have been added at relevant places for creating an interest of the students in the understanding of various pathologies associated with various organs and organ systems.
• This edition is accompanied with a free workbook that contains chapterwise image-based questions, short and long answers and match the following questions which facilitate structured learning and revision.