Part I: Perspectives and Issues in Development.
2. Aspect of Tribal Development in North Eastern India.
3. Tribal Development in the North East.
4. social Aspects of Tribal Development.
5. Issues in Tribal Development.
6. social Perspectives of Planning.
7. Tribal development in Khasi Jaintia setting.
Part II: Population Patterns Occupational Structure.
8. Tribal Population and Development.
9. Tribal Demography in North East India.
10. Socio- Economic Characteristic of tribal Rural Settlement.
11. Pattern and Occupational Structure of Tribal Population in Tripura.
Part III: Nutrition Health and Education.
12. National Health Policy.
13. Anthropological Approach to Tribal Health.
14. Nutrition Programme in Mizoram.
15. Health and Family Welfare in Mizoram.
16. Traditional Medical system in Health Care.
17. Tribal Education.
18. Tribal Education in Mizoram.
19. Education Elite and Politicization in the Khasi Jaintia Hills.
20. Education and the Garos of Meghalaya.