I. History of early medieval India:
1. Sources of medieval Indian history.
2. Birth and growth of Islam and Islam in India.
3. Arab invasion of Sind.
4. India on the eve of Mahmud of Ghaznis invasion.
5. Rise of the Turks.
6. Muhammad of Ghor.
7. The slave dynasty.
8. Iltutmish and his successors.
9. Ghiyas ud din Balban and his successors.
10. Khilji imperialism.
11. Ala ud din Khilji.
12. Mubarak Shah and the downfall of Khilji empire.
13. The Tughlak dynasty.
14. Muhammad bin Tughlak.
15. Firoz Shah Tughlak.
16. Invasion of Timur.
17. The later Tughlaks and fall of Tughlak dynasty.
18. The Sayyids.
19. The Lodis.
20. Sufi and Bhakti movement.
21. Bahmani Kingdom.
22. Vijayanagar empire.
23. Rise of provincial Kindgoms.
24. Administrative system of Delhi Sultanate.
25. Socio economic conditions in early medieval India.
26. Education and literature in early medieval India.
27. Art and architecture in early medieval India.
28. The downfall of Delhi Sultanate.
II. History of later medieval India:
3. Sher Shah.
4. Akbar the great.
8. The later Mughals.
9. Rise of the Marathas and Shivaji.
10. Expansion of the Martha power.
11. Emergence of the Sikh and the jat.
12. Mughal administration.
13. Religious policy of the Mughals.
14. Rajput policy of the Mughals.
15. The north West frontier policy of the Mughals.
16. Deccan policy of the Mughals.
17. Socio economic conditions in Mughal India.
18. Education and literature in Mughal India.
19. Art and architecture in Mughal India.
20. Impact of Islam on India.
21. Downfall of Mughal empire.
22. Rise of regional powers.
23. Socio-economic conditions and religious protest in the 18th century.
24. Advent of the Europeans and war of Supremacy.