1. Historical and Current Innovations in Indian Agriculture.
2. Agricultural Meteorology.
3. Crop Production:
A. Basic principles of crop production.
B. Classification of crops and their origin.
C. Soil and climatic requirements.
D. Leading states in area, production and productivity of crops.
E. Recommended fertilizer dose.
F. Inflorescence of different crops.
G. Fruit types and edible parts of different crops.
H. C3, C4 and CAM plants.
I. Oil percentage of oilseed crops.
J. Recommended Seed rate of field crops.
K. Recommended Plant geometry of field crops.
L. Test weight of field crops.
M. Mutant varieties of crops.
N. Toxic substances found in different fodder and food crops.
4. Modern Concepts of Tillage.
5. Cultivation Practices of Crops.
A. Cereals crops.
B. Pulses crops.
C. Oilseeds crops.
E. Sugar crops.
F. Fodder & forages crops.
G. Commercial crops.
H. Medicinal & aromatic plants.
I. Fruit & Vegetable crops.
6. Irrigation Water Management.
A. Concept of irrigation.
B. Water resources in India.
C. Scheduling of irrigation.
D. Irrigation water measurement.
E. Methods of irrigation.
F. Concept of available soil moisture.
H. Water requirement of crops.
I. Irrigation water quality.
J. Agricultural drainage.
7. Watershed Management.
8. Weed Management.
9. Dryland Agriculture.
10. Soil and Water Conservation.
11. Cropping and Farming Systems.
12. Soil Science.
A. Soil structure & texture.
B. Soils of India.
C. Soil fertility & productivity.
D. Plant nutrients.
E. Manures & fertilizers.
F. Problem soils.
A. Cell organelles.
B. Mitosis & Meiosis.
C. Mendelian genetics.
14. Plant Physiology.
B. Respiration and Photorespiration.
C. Nucleic acid.
16. Plant Protection.
A. Major pests of crops & their control measures.
B. Major diseases of crops & their control measures.
17. Agricultural Extension.
A. Important rural development programmes.
18. Agricultural Statistics.
A. Elements of Statistics.
B. Principles of Field Experimentation.
19. Agroforestry Systems.
20. Organizational Set-Up of Agricultural Research, Education and Extension.
21. Numerical Problems.
22. Syllabus for ICAR-JRF 2011-2012 (Subject: E-1: Agronomy/Farming Systems Management).
23. Previous Years Question Papers of JRF-Agronomy from ICAR (2000 to 2009).