II. Urbanisation and problems of municipal governance:
1. Urbanisation and growth of small cities-emerging Bhubaneswar.
2. Problems of municipal governance in Mumbai.
III. Human resource development:
1. Human resource development (HRD) for better cities with special reference to India.
2. Municipal bureaucracy and job satisfaction.
3. Municipal personnel system in Maharashtra.
4. Municipal personnel system in Gujarat.
5. Capacity building of women in municipal governance: a few suggestions for their empowerment.
IV. Municipal legislation:
1. Seventy-fourth constitution amendment act and conformity municipal legislations in Gujarat and Maharashtra.
V. Resource mobilisation:
1. City development and resource mobilisation through property tax: a case of Bhubaneswar municipal corporation.
2. Reports of the Orissa state finance commissions: an appraisal.
3. Fiscal decentralisation and the recommendations of the state finance commissions: a case of Maharashtra.
VI. Urban services:
1. Institutional arrangement for management of urban services: a case study of Montreal city in Canada.
2. Public-private partnership in delivery of services in urban sector.
VII. Urban poor:
1. Poverty alleviation: a case of urban India.
2. Slum in cities: strategy to make them slum-less.
VIII. Citizen participation:
1. Citizen participation: an integral part of local governance: a case study.
IX. Global warming and climate change:
1. Global warming and climate change: issues and challenges.
2. Climate change and Copenhagen summit.
3. Copenhagen summit and road ahead.
X. Disaster management:
1. Disaster management: an overview.
2. Role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in disaster relief an development.
3. Mitigation of disaster effects: some research and management issues.
XI. Non-conventional energy:
1. Non-conventional energy: utility and application.