I: Nie: The Framework.
1. The New Institutional Economics-Its Perimeters and Promises.
2. Theoretical Approaches of the New Institutional Economics.
3. Conventional Economics in the New Institutional Framework.
II: Nie and Issues in Development Studies.
4. Role of Institutions in Economic Development.
5. Relevance of New Institutional Economics for Developing Countries.
6. Development Implications of Institutional Change in India: A Case Study.
7. New Institutional Economics and Economic Reforms in India.
8. Local Government in India: The New Institutional Approach.
9. Educational Initiatives of PRIs and Community in Education Development of Poor: Experience form Kolhapur, Maharashtra.
10. Institutional Failure, Corruption and Economic Underdevelopment.
III: Nie and Agricultural Development.
11. New Institutions for Meeting Agricultural development: Challenges under Globalization.
12. New Institutional Economics and Agricultural Policy Issues.
13. Sharecropping: A Rational Institutional Response.
14. Institutional Change, Transaction Costs and Natural Resource Management.
IV: Nie and Gender Issues.
15. New and Old Institutional Economics and Gender in India.
16. New Institutional Economics Approach to New Household Economics.
17. Economic Implications of Marriage Institution with Reference to Women’s Empowerment.
V: Nie and Financial Reforms.
18. New Institutional Economics: Its Relevance to the Financial Sector.
19. Financial Sector Reforms in India: An Institutional Economics Perspective.
20. Formal Financial Institutions and Rural Credit Provisioning in India: A Micro-economic Model of Default Mitigation.
21. International Financial Institutions, European Central Bank and the International Monetary System.