1. Introduction / Jagmohan Meher.
2. A Brief Historical Survey of Afghanistan from Its Inception to 2001 / Eustace D'souza.
3. Afghanistan: The Anglo-Russian Rivalry / Salini Saxena.
4. The Soviet Intervention in Afghanistan: The Indian Response / P.M. Kamath.
5. The Turmoil of Afghanistan: Role of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the United States / Sheel K. Asopa.
6. Post 9 / 11 US Intervention in Afghanistan: Some Legal and Political Questions / Uttara Sahasrabudhe.
7. Role of Global Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Afghanistan: Need for Synergetic Partnership for Comprehensive Development and Functioning Democracy / Sudha Mohan.
8. Afghan Undercurrents in the Underbelly of Central Asia / P.L. Dash.
9. Context and Consequences of American Intervention in Afghanistan in the Post-9 / 11 Strategic Environment / Anand P. Mavalankar.
10. U.S. Policy in Afghanistan: The Challenges and Critical Dilemmas / Vaishali Singh.
11. India, Russia and Afghanistan: The Strategic Stakes / Jagmohan Meher.
12. Mushrraf's Afghan Mischief / Jagmohan Meher.