The USP-NF is a combination of two compendia, the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and the National Formulary (NF). It contains standards for medicines, dosage forms, drug substances, excipients, biologics, compounded preparations, medical devices, dietary supplements, and other therapeutics.
The current version of USP-NF standards deemed official by USP are enforceable by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for medicines manufactured and marketed in the United States. The USP 41-NF 36 becomes official 1st May 2018.
- More than 4,900 monographs with specifications for identity, strength, quality, purity, packaging, and labeling for substances and dosage forms. View a sample USP–NF monograph.
- More than 350 general chapters providing clear, step-by-step guidance for assays, tests, and procedures.
- Focus-specific charts and a combined index help you find the information you need.
- Helpful sections on reagents, indicators, and solutions, plus reference tables.
- Includes new General Chapter <800> Hazardous Drugs-Handling in Healthcare Settings.