1. Origin of Pali / Suniti Kumar Chatterji.
2. Background of Buddhism: a brief survey / Anukul Chandra Banerjee.
3. Buddha, the founder, and his career / Ryudo Yasui.
4. The Dhamma: is it a philosophy? / Narada Thera.
5. The Samga and Buddhist education / S. Dutt.
6. Buddhist councils / B. Jinananda.
7. Ashoka and the expansion of Buddhism / P.V. Bapat.
8. Expansion of Buddhism in India, Central Asia and China / Prabodh Chandra Bagchi.
9. Expansion of Buddhism in southern countries / R.C. Majumdar.
10. Expansion of Buddhism in Tibet, Ladakh and Nepal / V.V. Gokhale.
11. Expansion of Buddhism in Korea and Japan / J.N. Takasaki.
12. Buddhist sects in India / Anukul Chandra Banerjee.
13. Buddhist sects in Southern countries / P.V. Bapat.
14. Buddhist sects in Japan / J.N. Takasaki.
15. Buddhist sects in China / G.H. Sasaki.
16. Period of transition from Hinayana to Mahayana / Nalinaksha Dutt.
17. Difference between Theravada and Mahayana at a glance / Keiko Soda.
18. Later modifications of Buddhism:
i. Tantric Buddhism / Anagarika Govinda.
ii. Mantrayana and Sahajayana / H.V. Guenther.
iii. Kalacakra School / Biswanath Banerjee.
19. The essentials of Buddha Dhamma in practice / Syagayi U. BA. Khin.
20. The art of living: Vipassana meditation / S.N. Goenka.
21. Buddha's message to the world / Swami Vivekananda.
22. Role of Buddhism in Indian life and thought / Benimadhab Barua.
23. Grammatical works in Pali / Sukomal Chaudhuri.