Foreword by His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Bhutan-My Spiritual Country.
Translation of the Tibetan Alphabets.
List of Illustration.
Part I: The Pathfinders:
1. The Home of the Kadampas.
2. The Pioneer Jobo Atisa (982-1054) Life and Times of the Great Sage.
3. Domtonpa Gyalwai Jungne (1004-1064): The Most Loyal Disciple of the Great Sage.
Part II: The Kadampa School: Its Rise, Zenith and Diffusion:
4. Blooming of Kadampa School at Reting Monastery.
5. Ancient Kadampa Monasteries.
6. Development of Kadampa Tradition.
7. Reformation of Tibetan Buddhism: Role of Domtonpa.
8. Trinity of Spiritual Brothers and Their Disciples.
9. Kadampa Tradition as a Role Model for Other Religious Buddhist Traditions in Tibet.
Appendix: Eight Kinds of Choeten and Their Symbolism.