The term stress has found everyday usages in our vocabulary/parlance and is increasingly becoming a topic for discussion at various platforms and as yet, a clear-cut definition for this phenomenon remains elusive.
A practical definition explains stress as "when the problem presented by everyday life exceeds your resources for coping with them you feel stressed."
The text has been divided into two parts:-1. Stress, and 2. Meditation. These have been discussed under various chapterheads which comprise:-
* Understanding Stress
* The Psychology and Physiology of Stress
* Managing Stress
* Dealing with Stress
* Other Stress Management Techniques
* Making Meditation More Effective
* The Scientific Perspective
* Preksha Meditation System.