1. The Quest for New Horizons, 1947-73.
The Beginning, 1947-52.
Ancient India 9 (1953).
The Period from 1954 to 1965.
The Period from 1966-73.
Concluding Remarks on Indian Archaeology, 1947-73.
2. New Issues and Perspectives: 1974 to the Present.
The Year 1974.
The Period from 1975 to 1981.
The Year 1982.
The Period from 1983 to 1989.
The Period from 1990 to 2000.
An Overview of the State of Publications of Excavation Reports in Indian Archaeology.
3. Archaeological Heritage Management, Education and Nationalism.
Preservation of Archaeological Heritage.
The Ground Realities of Indian Archaeological Heritage Preservation.
Archaeology in Indian Education.
4. Religious Fundamentalism, Archaeology and the Problem of the Preservation of Archaeological Heritage in Modern India.
The Case of the Bamiyan Buddhas.
The Ayodhya Incident.
Monuments and Religious Groups.
5. The Common Denominators of Third World Archaeology: India as an Example.
Defining the Third World.
The Scope of the Present Chapter.
The Common Denominators of Third World Archaeology.