The A to Z of Hinduism is a unique, quick-reference book on what is probably the world's oldest major religion. The reach of this book is as wide as that of Hinduism itself, convering in alphabetically arranged entries:
- The historical evolution of Hinduism
- Cultural practices and popular beliefs
- Philosophical ideas and religious thought
- Mythology and rituals
- Important religious figures and events
- Major Hindu scriptures and concepts
- Pilgrimage sites and sacred places
- Hindu art, literature and architecture
- The different sects and spiritual paths
A succinct chronology provides a timeline of Hinduism's evolution over four-and-a-half millennia.
This is a wonderful book for anyone interested in knowing or understanding the essentials of Hinduism. Equally, it is of exceptional value for modern Hindus who seek to better understand the context and background of their culture and way of life amidst rapid modernisation.